Welcome to Child Care Aware of Virginia
Child Care Aware of Virginia is a community-based network of early care and education specialists whose purpose is to deliver services to families, child care professionals and communities to increase the accessibility, availability, and quality of child care in Virginia.
Our vision is for every child in Virginia to be cared for in a safe and nurturing environment.
Our mission is to provide the leadership, resources and advocacy necessary to sustain an effective statewide system of quality child care and early education services that links and supports families, child care providers and communities.
Any views or opinions presented by representatives of Child Care Aware of Virginia (CCA-VA) contracted organizations (Contractor) are solely those of the contractor and do not necessarily represent those of Child Care Aware of Virginia or Child Care Aware of Northern, Central, Piedmont, Eastern or Western Virginia. Representatives of CCA-VA are expressly prohibited from making defamatory statements, infringing or authorizing any infringement of any legal rights by any means, including email, written or verbal communications while representing CCA-VA. Any such representation is contrary to CCA-VA policy and outside the scope of the contract of the organization. CCA-VA shall not be liable for any damages, costs, injury, claims or actions related to the views or opinions expressed by Contractor or any communication or representation made in breach of the foregoing, or other liability arising from any violation of its policy.
For Families, we provide:
- A list of child care options based on the needs of the family
- Information on child care regulations, licensing standards, the cost of child care and resources for family support
- Information on selecting quality child care, understanding healthy child development and effective parenting strategies
- Advocacy to state and national policymakers and legislators to urge support for children’s issues
For Providers, we provide:
- A listing in our child care referral database
- Ongoing professional training and development opportunities
- Assistance and resources for business, child care and regulatory needs
- Quarterly newsletters
- Advocacy to state policymakers and legislators to support and enhance the child care and education profession
For Communities, we provide:
- Child care supply and demand data and statistics
- Support and advocacy to citizens, professionals and organizations to promote and enhance the quality of care, education and family-centered services in Virginia
Most CCR&R services are free and available to all families and child care providers in Virginia!
Child Care Aware of Virginia receives funding through a grant administered by the Virginia Department of Social Services, Division of Child Care and Development under the federal Child Care and Development Block Grant.
Child Care Aware of Virginia is a member of the Child Care Aware of America (formerly NACCRRA)