Provider information is kept in a local database to help families find child care.
- Referrals are given to families based on what they request (what area they live in, business hours, teacher qualifications, ages cared for, rates, openings, etc.).
- Families are given a randomized list of providers based on the information they request. As members of the Child Care Aware of America (formerly NACCRRA), agencies do not recommend providers.
Child care providers may request one-on-one technical assistance for their professional needs.
- Understanding licensing regulations
- Help managing a budget and a business
- Developing curriculum and teaching skills
- Help with developmental issues and parent interaction
- Support through the accreditation process
Child care providers receive training through their local Child Care Resource Centers. Topics include:
- Training to meet Licensing requirements and required skills training.
- Training on childhood development, care and education.
- Training on health and safety topics.
- Opportunities for earning Continuing Education Units (CEU) and CDAs.
Child care providers can receive materials and resources:
- Email newsletter, including topics on child development, nutrition, safety, state events, training, and much more
- Membership opportunities with local and statewide groups
- Some Child Care Resource Centers have libraries that lend toys and educational equipment.
- Some Child Care Resource Centers approve Voluntary Registration and handle the CACFP Food Program.
Child care providers get the opportunity to network with other professionals in their communities through:
- Community-wide events
- Child care coalitions and associations
- Professional development conferences
- Advocacy for Virginia and U.S. legislation
Child Care Aware of Virginia understands the importance of quality early childhood experiences and provides resources to help both families and childcare providers educate themselves so they can support the special needs of Virginia’s children.
Locate your local Child Care Resource Centers